Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

01 April 2003

I thought it was cool when Natasha and James did it, so now I'm doing it. Here it is:

The Alphabetical Meme

Act your age? I can't say. I get less serious all the time, but life gets harder and more demanding. Pushing thirty, from either direction, gives life a unique weirdness. Now, do I look my age? Well, I get carded every now and then, and people think I'm an undergraduate when they first meet me. At my age, I should call this a compliment, but I've had too many years of being told in middle school that I looked like I belonged in elementary, and in high school like I belonged in middle school, so it still rankles a bit.

Born on what day of the week?: Wednesday, I believe. Sometimes my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, and James, I'm sorry to disagree with you, but birthday/holiday conjunctions suck. At Thanksgiving, people are so busy stuffing their faces that they can't be bothered to remember that it's my special day. Maybe it'd be better at Easter -- "Christ is risen, and it's my special day too" -- so I feel a bit jealous.

Chore you hate?: Washing dishes. With the power of not only a thousand suns but a thousand supernovas.

Dog's Name: Have no dog. I like cats, but I don't have one of those either. I am traveling light at this stage of my life.

Essential make-up item: Lipstick or gloss.

Favorite Actor/Actress: Um, considering I have built an entire fic around a character played by Anthony Stewart Head, I don't think I even need to answer this, really. But when I'm not obsessing myself, I tend to be content to let my friends' obsessions govern my viewing habits. So when I get over Tony, who knows what I'll be watching. James is right: it pays to follow the writers first.

Gold or Silver: Silver. It's the color of the moon.

Hand you write with: Right. I have a writer's callus on the knuckle of my right-hand ring finger.

Instruments you play: Flute and piccolo. I play well enough to enjoy it, but my talent doesn't quite stretch to orchestral standards.

Job title(s): English major, ex-library assistant, resident cat.

Kids?: Nope.

Living arrangements: The upstairs of a 1912 house in an older urban neighborhood.

Make of vehicle: A 1992 Geo Storm hatchback of that idiosyncratically Geo teal color. When I bought it used, the "S" was knocked off the logo, so it's always been Lucy the Torm. Now the whole logo's off, so I don't know what to call it.

Number of people you've slept with: Slept with, maybe five family members and five friends, and a roomful of people in high school activity convention things. Had sex with, a big fat zero. Stop rubbing it in.

Overnight hospital stays: Don't remember any. *knocks on head in absence of wood* But I have been in the ER during a plurality of night hours.

Phobias: The dark.

Quote you like: Ray Burdis in Manchild, season 1, episode 6: "Look at that! She's making drinks out of grass! Grass! I mean, who the f*ck would want to drink a shake made out of grass?...[Patrick,] I'm not talking to you anymore. You disgust me." Patrick: "Oh, please, this mail order bride thing is just a means to an end..." "No, no, no, I'm not talking about that buy-a-wife thing, I'm talking about this!" [points to shake] "And you do this to us! We're supposed to be your friends!"

This scene is much funnier if you watch the clip. Alas, BBCAmerica has removed the episode 6 clip from its page. Wankers.

Rock Groups: Sixpence, and...oh, bloody hell, I'm not even going to bother explaining my musical tastes.

Siblings: A sister, 5 years my junior, and a brother, 11 years my junior. I broke in our parents and our teachers for them. The sad thing is, most of the teachers are still around for another dose of Inman idiosyncrasy. *cackles gleefully*

Time you wake up: When I'm working, my alarm goes off at 6:45; during Lent, 5:45 for Morning Prayer. This is an altogether different question from when I wake up, which is rarely if I can help it.

Unique habit: I eat hot chocolate mix straight out of the packet.

Vegetable you refuse to eat: If it's a vegetable, chances are I will refuse to eat it under most circumstances. However, when cooked appealingly I may be induced to eat just about anything from that food group.

Worst habit: I procrastinate a) because I'm a perfectionist and won't do something if I have no guarantee that I won't do it perfectly the first time, and b) also because most of the time I just don't give a [your favorite expletive here].

X-Rays you've had: Colon X-ray as a child (very traumatic); various other X-rays including dental ones; and a chest X-ray a few years ago (during which I rolled my eyes and said to myself, "Finally, you wankers. You know, I wasn't kidding when I said my lungs hurt.").

Yummy food you make: Lemon curd. I love it so much I'm putting it in my fic.

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius. Apparently, it's also my rising sign, so what can I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home