Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

25 December 2002

Well, this year in my stocking bag I got a Mrs. Norris. So I'm happy, having got my little cat. I'm even happier that I got a whole bag of Ghirardelli chocolate squares that are all for me. Except for the orange ones, which I give to Jessica, who likes them. It works out so well that way.

Jessica braved the snow and ice last night to take me to the Christmas Eve service at Christ Church. It was entirely worth it, and even though my cold is still hanging on in my lungs a bit, I got into good voice by the time we sang "Joy to the World." There's really nothing to replace singing Christmas carols in church. With an organ, and a good choir, and all the candles lit, including the menorot that I thought were inoperable. And I'm pretty sure they're not called "menorot," but you know what I mean -- candelabra, you know, with the branchy things and...never mind. And the poinsettias were lovely, as were the gold hangings and vestments. I can't really talk about it more than that without ruining the worship part of it.

But the sun is out today and brightening the snow into brilliant whiteness, and I am wrapped up in the down throw that I got from my family. Tonight I am going to help Jessica celebrate Jews Go to the Movies Day, but I don't know yet what we are going to see.

I smell the ham. Merry Christmas, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home