Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

18 October 2002

Okay, because Natasha asked, I will -- modestly, and with much self-deprecation -- post my drawings. I'm quite satisfied with my drawing of Helen, because her face is clearer in my mind, and I find drawing women easier anyway. Jessica thinks my portrayal of Rankin at 45 makes him look seventy and not like she imagined at all, so I drew a younger smartass version of him. When I did that, I realized I was not at all satisfied with Rankin either. I want somehow to capture his mischievous, intense look with my pencil, the way Peake captured Steerpike with a few words, but I'm not even doing his sideways smirk justice. Not that many people have actually read the story yet, though I tell it to anyone who will stand still long enough.

Well, bon appetit, mes amis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home