Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

10 October 2002

Well, I was just going to post on here when Jessica came in to tell me that she found out Catherine got the job at SMS. Which is cool, because Catherine needs that job to go back to school, and I have no intention of studying anything at SMS, and if I had to lose out to someone, that's a really cool way to lose out. But still, it's a bummer.

Today consisted mostly of helping Dad H. put wooden paneling up on the ceiling in the back porch room. We had quite the rodeo yesterday putting the first one up, so today he jerryrigged a "preacher's seat" -- a sort of splay fork made of wood strips -- for me to hold up a panel with while he guided it into place from the ladder. Dad H. is like my mom: I call her "a woman of infinite resource and sagacity" -- from Kipling, you know. Dad H. is 71 and he is paneling ceilings. Mom invents craft projects all by herself, and rigs other things so that they work better -- that is, when she's not run off her feet. Dad H. has the advantage of being retired and not in particular demand around the house. Neither of them are particularly rich, which I think lends toward becoming a person of infinite resource and sagacity. My career of resource and sagacity so far has consisted of covering a very ugly couch with a set of queen-size sheets. And I expect I will be growing in resource and sagacity, as I am likely to be not-rich for quite some time. Sigh.

Katrina is a very intelligent cat. I played tag with her today when I wasn't helping to panel ceilings. She chased me into a room, and I chased her into another room, and then I went and hid around a corner, and then she followed me, and then I chased her, and then she hid from me, and then I found her, and then we did it all over again. And then I shared my tuna with her, but Frank got into the act on that one. I think Katrina enjoys playing with me more than with Frank. But she doesn't approve of my putting bubbles into my bath, unless I can poke my finger out of the foam for her to bat at.

I have a new idea for a scene that I plan to flesh out tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home