Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

07 October 2002

I've just reread Justice Hall for the first time since buying it and devouring it over and over. And I really don't understand why some people on RUSS-L disliked it so much. I mean, sure, it doesn't have sexual frissons and an abundance of banter, but really, the only place those things occur in the books is in MREG, and part of LETT. When Russell mentions sex in MOOR, I feel sure it's part of her over-protest that things are fine between her and Holmes. I was sure the conflict between them would be magnified in JUST, but it wasn't -- well, it's nice to be wrong once in a while -- yet I found their comfortable marriage a delight. I loved the story -- the house -- the return of Ali and Mahmoud -- the intrigue...what's not to like?

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home