Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

06 June 2003

No 'Tales of Brave Ulysses', But No Seals and Croft Either

Yes, it's that time again, ladies and jellyspoons -- time to mosey on over to the Ink and Penwipers LP shelf and flip through the Author's Cache of Broken Records...

Hmm, Magic, Words, and Contemporary Religion. It's got that fruity metaphorical jive going for it, but I seem to have misplaced the liner notes, so...no.

Fandom! the Musical. I think this will be more appropriate after Amazon delivers my Order of the Phoenix on Saturday the 21st.

So Far. No, not Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young -- it's an LP of wibbling about my fic. Eugh. "Helplessly hoping he waits by the window -- he wonders --" very good alliterative verse there -- were there any English majors among CSNY? This English major remembers drawing in purple crayon on the LP cover of her parents' copy of So Far; it was quite appropriate given the cover art.

Car Model Names and other Ridiculous Things. A revue after the fashion of Tom Lehrer. But Jessica did that already, so, no. Though I must put in for the ridiculousness of both the name of the Honda Element and its design: it looks like a cardboard box on wheels.

Golliwog's Cakewalk? What's this doing in here?

Sigh. I think I will wait to put on a disc until after the weekend, which is going to be eventful. The bishop is coming to do the House Blessing on the Rivendell House, and I am taking intial promises as a Companion, for which I shopped for something red (it being Pentecost this weekend), but came home with something blue and something black. The something blue is summery, so I'm going to wear it. I think. Maybe.

*flips over all the LPs into a heap on the shelf*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home