Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

05 May 2003

Not Gerard Manley Hopkins by a Long Shot

Yes, instead of something called "The Blessed Virgin Mary Compared to the Air We Breathe," Ink and Penwipers brings you "The Dearth of Blogging as Mental Constipation." I mean, it's not as if I don't have anything to talk about. So let's just make the inventory of subjects now, shall we?

Family: Went to Tulsa this past weekend to watch my sister graduate from ORU. Jessica and I have become connoisseurs (or should it be connoisseuses?) of graduation ceremonies, so adding this one to our collection was interesting, to say the least. The crush afterward was horrendous; I lost Jessica once and almost lost myself despite having grown up going to the Mabee Center, so when I found Jessica I decided we would go out to the car and wait to see J there. And sure enough, after a time Mom and J came out to the car and I got to wish her congratulations. She is now the proud possessor of a degree in New Testament Theology: and she worked very hard for it too. My deepest congratulations, J.

Tulsa: Hasn't changed much in six months. I felt no weirdness driving around town; I may as well have visited Tulsa every weekend since I left.

The Weather: Unusual supercell storms escaped from Kansas into Missouri yesterday, spawning numerous bad tornadoes and killing people. Northern Springfield got away unscathed, but (I hear) Rivendell lost its garage in the storm that obliterated downtown Stockton. The people at Rivendell are safe, thanks be to God; and I hope that the cleanup task will be smaller than anticipated, both there and elsewhere.

Manchild: About killed me with laughter last night. Terry offers to put James up while his flat is repaired, and is treated to a hilarious invasion of his "cave". Terry's anal selfishness is subjected to all sorts of indignities, like James's irritating way of making friends with all the neighbors (whose names Terry doesn't even know), and his method of cooking (nude). He also waters the plants in the nude, labels food in the refrigerator, bonds with Terry's girlfriend over a movie, and accuses Terry of snoring. ("Bollocks to you!" "Bollocks to you too!") A very funny and sweet follow-up to the disaster that was Dirty Dixon.

My Fic: Knocked off work on Chapter 12 this past week to give my mental strength to dealing with the Tulsa trip. Worked instead on a certain scene that will happen later in the fic. Found it very relaxing and enjoyable, though I shall be very red-faced when it comes time to post it. Ah well.

Work: Am now selling Mary Kay. Bit scared, but excited at the prospect of working for myself. Plus, the products totally rule, and I couldn't sell something I didn't like and use.

Oh how very exciting this all is. Sorry, everyone. *off to find lunch*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home