Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

13 January 2003

Just to show you what a crazy year it has already been, here are two poems written within a 24-hour period -- yes, the last 24 hours:

Poison

The cells of my body
My innocent body
Are saturated with anger
-- Marinated, they betray me
With a look
With a kiss
Air breathed at me from humans
I thought I loved.
Meeting with my volatile kiss
They all recoil
And I want them to
I want them to
I am poisoned
And I whimper
Not knowing whether to ask for succor
Or to be mercifully executed....
May the Lord have mercy upon my soul

Velocity

"Our natural will is to have God, and the good will of God is to have us, and we may never cease willing or longing for Him until we have Him in the fullness of joy, and then we shall will no longer." -- Lady Julian of Norwich

When I am where I want to be,
I am still, not swayed
By inertia,
Not choosing my direction
And applying energy thereto:
One does not give up one's will
To God; He meets us meeting Him:
There is now no waiting, no "I should go",
No contemplation of the next moment --
There are now no moments --
Only the musical reverberation
Through all the dimensions that meet my one point:
While my heart beats
There is the stillness of the silent beat
That is His heart.


...And believe it or not, circumstances have changed yet again. I'm not bipolar, my life is. *sitting for dear life on the lid of Schrodinger's box*

On a lighter note, my brother has turned sixteen. Like the new template, Sam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home