Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

08 January 2004

Hang it all, I say, dash it!

So I had these brilliant plans to blog something extraordinary for each of the twelve days of Christmas. Didn't happen. Then I decided to bite the bullet and post something on Twelfth Night about, strangely enough, Twelfth Night. Clicked "Post" and then Blogger told me it was down for Scheduled Maintenance. Decided there was a silver lining, as my brain had gone on an Unscheduled Maintenance during the course of the post. Sometimes I wonder if I am losing my grip.

All this is by way of saying that I haven't posted much here recently, and what I have had to say went into the Livejournal, primarily because it was all of not very much consequence. Not that I draw a very heavy distinction between what I say there and here.

So anyway I had this plan Tuesday to write something on the subject of Epiphany, but I didn't have one, so no post. And then I got hives, and then last night I got a fever, so not only no post, but no usual cheerful and compromising demeanor in the domestic sphere. In short, I took to my bed and have been there most of the past 24 hours.

On the plus side I had a good job interview yesterday; I got a new bath gel; and I watched "Beer Bad" last night with my friends.

I also, upon consideration, abandoned my reread of Order of the Phoenix to dig out Life With Jeeves, which has the pleasant side effect of infecting one's syntax. Definitely the stuff to give the troops. Absolutely! I mean, one can't be completely miserable with a spot of the old Wooster lexicon in one's jolly old noggin, what? It gives one the comfort, when reflecting upon one's own fever, of saying, "This is a bit thick."

I crack myself up.

Oh, and to add to the list, my fragment Little Rupert story, Many Happy Returns, has been nominated at Barefootawards, a fanfiction awards site devoted to kidfic. Don't know who nominated me or what it's all about, but feel a bit flattered on the whole.

So all in all, it's been a rather blended holiday, don't you know, dash it!

Oh, well, toodle-oo, pip-pip, and all that, what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home