Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

25 July 2003

"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me."

Came up with an idea for a book of personal essays yesterday while in the car. And a smashing title too, no less: Mutually Exclusive. So far I have already written two or three of the essays I want to collect: "The Absence of Peace" and "Forgiveness" both need revising, and a heap of minor commentaries need going through to see if they can be developed for the collection. I've been wanting to do a collection like this for a while, but the content hasn't been cohesive mentally....

Have a new favorite TV show: Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. It airs on Bravo on Tuesday nights. The Fab 5, a team of specialized couture gay geniuses invade the home of a straight guy, give him a makeover, help him rearrange and redecorate his home and wardrobe, and help him to fulfill an ambition of some sort, whether opening an art show or giving his wife a belated birthday party. First time I saw it I swear I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time -- even harder than when I read Mad-Eye Moody's line for the first time: "Don't put your wand in your back pocket, boy! Better wizards than you have lost buttocks that way, you know!"

Like the new template?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home