Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

20 July 2003

Kibbles and Bits

Have posted the current entirety of "Shadow" to FF.net; it hasn't shown up on my author page yet, but I expect that will change soon. I'm not sure whether to expect a deluge of negative reviews accusing me of writing a Mary Sue (to which my answer would be, "um, duh"), or my usual meager trickle of positive reviews. Guess I'll find out.

Am working in a leisurely fashion on Chapter 19, which is not as, erm, compelling in the same way that Chapter 18 was. Thanks to everybody who commented this past week, both online and off.

Have returned to my favorite lifestyle, that of having multiple piles of books by my bed. I've been reading Order of the Phoenix again, flipping through my Lewis collection, which I retrieved from storage a few weeks ago, and now, thanks to Cathy, I have all but three of the twelve-volume New Church Teaching Series, which is a collection of informal but well-organized books written to educate adult converts to the Episcopal church. So far I am nearly through the first one, and I like it very much indeed. All this transpired, of course, because I requested reading materials to prepare for my confirmation in November -- on All Saints' Day, which I already celebrated in my mind as a time to remember a good friend (and unofficial saint) of mine who was killed in a jeeping accident some seven years ago...good God, has it been that long?...At any rate, no time like the present to study.

Sometimes things just look up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home