Ink & Penwipers

Scribbles, screeds, speculations, and the occasional reference to Schrodinger's cat.

26 August 2002

So at TU there's, like, this thing that happens in late August where students start overrunning the campus, you know? And they park in all sorts of weird places with impunity, and they play chicken with the staff in the parking lots and roads (whether it's you in the car or on foot makes little difference, you are in Mortal Peril). Surely I wasn't this squirrelly when I was an undergraduate! And my friends were all genteel, traffic-law-abiding citizens too. I wonder if there's any connection between the crazy-driving students and the students who tell you, the writing instructor, that they ought to get an A in your writing class because they already know how to write, thank you very much. Luckily I don't have to deal with such students much nowadays, as they rarely filter up to Special Collections (You mean there's a fifth floor in McFarlin Library?) It's only when I go out of the building that I apprehensively remember the living will form which I didn't fill out. And am rather thankful I'm not teaching this semester -- as far as I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home